RE: [RC] [RC] Would you keep him barefoot? - mmieske

Karen,
Regarding Howard's comment about your hubby being a farrier
in training, does he have that interest?  Nelson has started
conducting "classes" or training or whatever you want to call
it.  If he's interested, I can bring info for you.  He offers
4 levels...one can learn how to trim their own horses in the
first level or go on and learn more advanced skills in the
next three.  It's one on one and small group, flexible dates
and times that vary.  Practice is usually in Clare, Evart and
Coleman at a couple of big farms that Nelson does.  Anyway,
something to think about.  The introductory rate is $500 for
10 sessions which run from 4-6 hours each, depending on the
activity, etc.  Smart thing to try and get your business and
then suggest you learn how to do your own!  :)  I'm not
always so bright! :)  Anyway, Howard's post made me think to
mention that.  :)  See you soon!
Maggie
You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long