Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Gorgeous George, Tevis and I - Truman Prevatt

After the SE took a hit today with the "cheating thread" I want to point out that one big family is what we are about. Several years ago Samm Bartee won an entry to the Tevis with no horse to do it. Nina Gibson (now Barnett) stepped up and said "Samm  take Coujar and go." Samm did and had a great time.

Now another SE rider with Tevis dreams is without a horse and Ed steps up and says "Becky take George."

That's the SE sprit which makes us a family. We will fight like cats and dogs amoung ourselves but when the rubber meets the road we are one. We are all behind you Becky. Go have a great ride.

Ed, you make us proud.

Truman

Cowgirgoof@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hey Howard,
I'll have you know that Jim or his horse did not do this :-)
My guy had this intermittent grade one stuff beginning at Far Out Forest in mid-February. Dane Frazier didn't really think too much of it (he had me trot twice to really see it).
So even though my horse stayed sound on shorter rides, once the going got tough his little inconsistency showed up.
What happened at Leatherwood was a wrench or sprain most likely and may or may not have had anything to do with the ripped shoe.
This horse has been really sound for his eight year career, or I never would have dreamed of taking him to Tevis. I believe that by trying to bump up his speed just a tad, it was more than his big body and way of going could handle (he weighs 1125 lbs). He never could have had a shot at completing Tevis going the 6.6 mph trot he liked to do in CTR.
I'm excited about my decision because George is so perfectly built to be a mountain horse.

And yes, Ed and Kathi are VERY kind to offer him, but they will be able to live a dream through him too.
And yes, they will get free photos for life from me!!
You should have offered me a horse Howard! ! <BG>
Becky

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.