Re: [RC] Cheating Statement - rides2far

I grew up riding in another region and never once heard any accusations
of cheating.

I have just now viewed all the postings on cheating.  I hear these
rumors passed around almost every ride I have attended in the
Southeast,

Boy, now there's a statement that'll make you popular around the
neighborhood. I've been riding in the SE region since 1987, gone to 80 or
so rides, and I've heard about 3 accusations...one that was actually
widely believed and that person was not a native. Just to see if I'm
naive I just asked Josie if she'd ever heard anybody say they thought
somebody else cheated. She's been competing here for 4 years and going to
rides since she was a month old. She looked at me like I was crazy and
said, "No!".

So if you're hearing those accusations so often maybe you're just hanging
around with a very suspicious, negative bunch. You need to come run with
the happy crowd. When somebody beats us, we just congratulate them, then
sit back and have some coffee waiting for it to get dark so we can set
their tent on fire. >eg<

Angie (the virtual neighborhood is so unlike reality sometimes)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt