Re: [RC] Riding at night - shgerbey

I have heard that horses actually see better then us
humans in the dark.  If that is the case is there any need
to do any 'special' preparations to do a night ride?
There is a moonlight ride in SC in July that *sounds* like
it would be beautiful but also somewhat dangerous.  If
anyone has done this ride can you tell me if the trails
are wide?  Easy? Fun?  Scary?  All of the above (-:

Thanks,

Kathy R. - SE

I did that ride last July and it was the greatest!  Nice
wide sandy roads...followed pink and green glow sticks.  We
did it slow as our guys were barefoot and there were a few
rocks.  Will be back there again this year!  We started out
at 7:00 pm and the weather was nice.  NOt hot like during
the day.  Nice camping also.

Pam

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton