[RC] Riding at night - Kathy Ramspott

I have heard that horses actually see better then us humans in the dark.  If that is the case is there any need to do any ‘special’ preparations to do a night ride?  There is a moonlight ride in SC in July that *sounds* like it would be beautiful but also somewhat dangerous.  If anyone has done this ride can you tell me if the trails are wide?  Easy? Fun?  Scary?  All of the above (-:

Thanks,

Kathy R. - SE