Re: [RC] pad for slick horse? - Barbara McCrary

I'm having exceptionally good luck with my new Equi-pedic pad.  Doesn't slip, saddle stays exactly where you put it, and best of all, my horse is obviously happy with it.  He descends hills more freely than he has since I've had him.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 5:08 PM
Subject: [RC] pad for slick horse?

A friend of mine has a super-slick coated (also slab sided) horse on who the saddle pad slides terribly.  She's starting to use a neoprene girth which may help, but are there any pads that "stick" better than others?  She has to girth the poor horse very tight just so she can get on without the saddle sliding sideways, and then it really slips back going uphill.  She has an Aussie saddle that has a thin wool material pad, but this also happens with a western saddle and thick western pad..

Karen Bratcher aka Ready
karenbrat1 "at" earthlink "dot" net
ignore auto message from earthlink saying you're not in my address book if you reply privately :-)