[RC] GC Shoes photos - Karen

I set up a webshots account for just photos of Ground Control shoes. There are now 5 albums up. There are photos showing horses and shoes that worked, and ones that didn't. I'll be adding more as people send them to me and will hopefully try to include photos of the horses so people can see their overall conformation and hoof type. It would be nice to show all of the feet, from different angles and also find out how much use the horse gets. We can add more details as to why the shoes have worked or why they haven't and the problems encountered and possible solutions. I've been lucky that the shoes seem to be working on all of my horses. They don't all have the greatest feet. A lot of the failures I've seen IMO have probably been caused by application error. That's not to say that there aren't horses these won't work for no matter what. (they need to add more sizes/patterns) The horse I have that these have worked the best so far (simply because he's done the most work in them) is Chief. Due to his conformation (very short backed) he is easyboot challenged. These shoes have been wonderful for him. This ride season he's completed 610 miles so far (different sets of course) with these shoes. The front shoes he has on right now completed 6 days of rides (3 at Cuyama and 3 at Color Country) and there are photos of them there still on his feet. That is the most I have put on a pair of the shoes so far. My other 2 horses have only done one 50 each in them, but they are older and the changeover is more significant, and well....it's hard to keep three horses going!

http://community.webshots.com/user/groundcontrolshoes

Karen
in NV

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher