Re: [RC] ...the continuing saga of a boy and his horse... - Timothy Worden

Awesome Ed!!  I was wondering who won the BLM raffle.
Man, that colt has no clue just how lucky he is that
you won.  Can't wait to see his progress.  My BLM
Mustang is doing very well under saddle.  At about
3-3½y/o he's about 15.2hh.  I'm sure he'll be pushing
16hh when he's done growing.  My goal is next years
Sandhills Stampede LD to get him started.   Keep us
posted.  Hope to see you at a ride soon.

Tim

--- Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
well, i made it back thursday night with captain
jack, the mustang colt that i won in the raffle that
was held at the aerc national convention in
february. i drove out to elm creek, nebraska, to get
him.  the good folks with BLM did their best to get
him as far east(he came from devil's garden HMA) as
possible.  it was a long trip for me, but well worth
it, since i got to see part of the country that i
had never seen before.  it was an adventure!
this colt is awesome.   when i get him gentled down
a bit and cleaned up, i will put some pictures up.
i would like to thank dr. philip ottinger, who was
involved in the process of selecting the yearlings
for me to choose from, and those who came up with
the idea to do the raffle.  and thanks to all my
southeastern endurance riding friends who acted as
my cheering section at the convention, since i
couldnt be there.  special thanks to debbie collins
and joe spratton with BLM  for all their help with
coordinating the pickup and getting all the
necessary paperwork done.   enough for now, but
there will be more later.........      ed

Far back, far back in our dark soul the horse prances... The horse, the
horse! The symbol of surging potency and power of movement, of action...
~  DH Lawrence