From: "Karen J Zelinsky" <kjz2@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <kjz2@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 9:05 PM
Subject: [RC] Wormer problem?

Hello ya'll!
My problem-my mare....  she's 24 and had a thin-bod winter...  in March I
put her on Triple Crown Senior, and alfalfa hay (oh well - only hay I
could get...), seemed okay, then at end of March, wormed her with
(cringe, cringe) Quest for the first time, and 5 days later she was
blocked... I got her quickly through it with Milk of Magnesia and lots of
massage work...  turns out there were blood worms in the first poop...
then I probably did a mistake (suggested by a trainer friend) - rewormed
her 2+ weeks later with simple Strongid, then 4 days later, dropped a lot
of weight, water diarrhea and not interested in food.

Vet finally came yesterday, now doing blood work and fecal test..
temperature okay, gut motility okay, but a tad slow, appetite picking up.
I have kept her in a stall for about 2 days, and now is finally out/in on
her own..  pooping better, but still thin.  The vet thinks it's probably
gut irritation and inflammation.  Any ideas out there?  Parasite damage?
Inflammation?  Dumb owner?  Bring all your ideas to me!!

Thanks in advance,

Karen in PA
REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards

REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards