Re: [RC] Mystery lameness - any ideas? Help! - B. L. Kossowan

As Karla stated, the pain isn't always where it appears. My big gelding
developed a mystery lameness that cleared up after we checked and floated
his teetch.  A sharp point on one of his molars had dug a huge ulcer inside
his right cheek and it was jabbing him at the trot, causing him to dogtrack
and limp to avoid the jab. Fixed the teeth and the lameness disappeared.
Maybe not a magic bullet, for everyone, but I would always check teeth
before looking for more drastic problems.

Cheers

Brenda K.

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris