[RC] Ponce de Leon - Pirate Run - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Elaine Parker elainep@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

At risk of being a me-toer!  Great ride!  Kim and Levi put on a class act year
after year.  I think  there were wonderful volunteers at this ride than I've
ever had the pleasure to meet at one time.  I really enjoyed the great weather
and beautiful scenery.  Mary Ann...this is flat?  Honey chile, come on down to
my neck of the woods if you really want to see flat.  For me, that one HUGE
hill (well it WAS to me) gave me the opportunity to play at tailing!!  Weeble
just walked on up after turning to look at me with the most puzzled expression!
Hey you gotta take your opportunities where you find them.  I'll probably
never get to tail up anything else :).

Thanks again Kim and all of you great people.  I don't know why you guys do it,
but I'm darn sure glad you do.

Hey, Dr. Heidi ... I inadvertantly tested the theory that horses can do this
sport without electrolytes.  My SO was very sick and I was crewing for myself
and trying to check on him at every vet check and hold (Give me a break guys, I
offered Friday to scratch  and go home and he wouldn't do it.  Is that a guy or
what?) and I PLAIN FORGOT to elyte!!  I finally remembered on the third (18.2
mile) loop when someone came up behind me and mentioned her daughter elyting!!
Bless Weeble's (LM Sterling Sundance) big heart, he just kept trucking on,
maybe a little slower and not drinking as well as I would have liked, but not
really off enough for me to figure it out on my own.  I did elyte him at the
last vet check, but 45 miles in hot weather without the elytes convinced me
that the little guy is real trooper.  So while I'm thanking everyone at Ponce,
I want to thank a tough, honest and willing little pony too.

Elaine Parker

have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton