RE: [RC] another saddle fit question - Alice Yovich

This just gave me a light bulb moment.  I can't recall if the "pockets" were there or not before the western saddle. I rode her at a ride (we finished 2nd place at that ride) and had been training before that in the western saddle. Each time I used it, I had dry spots, but she was never sore, nor did she misbehave (I did try a few other saddles during this time, but none worked) So, even though I knew it wasn't fitting, she wasn't unhappy; and as a bonus, it didn't slip for judged CTR mounts.

It was at this ride, that I put the wintec tool on her and saw that she was a narrow or a med. narrow gullet.

From Jan. 6 till the beginning of march, i didn't get to ride at all. She stood in the field, eating high quality forage and grain and gained some weight.

I got my new wintec and began to ride in it the beginning of march< just six weeks ago and we haven't done that many miles.

I have had periodic dry spots in the new saddle with the new gullet. But it's not been every ride. And she's had no soreness.

So, I'm wondering if the pockets were encouraged by the western saddle and now she's broadening out and getting wider, which is causing the pressure now?

I'm probably in denial about this saddle being the problem. It's just so comfy that I don't want it to be the issue.