From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Old horse double bowed tendons

I need some advice on managing a 28 year old 1200 lb. App who has
recently bowed both front tendons. This is the horse I did my first 50 on
and sold when he was 19. The current owners have done a wonderful job
with him and he lives in horse heaven but unless we can get him
comfortable he may need to be put down.

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith