[RC] Ice-Tight Poultice - Julie Fuller

Lysane,

My late great mare Rayna would not tolerate ANY kind of poultice/liniment, even if you diluted it. She'd kick, stomp, and thrash around, giving you looks that could kill (And believe me, and Arab/Appy cross can do this in NO uncertain terms!)

She had extremely short summer hair... think human eye lashes, and very sensitive skin. I also could not use any type of boots on her, she'd rub raw. Luckily, she was one tough bitch, and contrary to her arena horse up-bringing, truely loved her endurance life.

I only used water or ice on her after rides, or in case of minor swellings. Sometimes, I'd use bute too. I still have liniment in the tack room that I bought back then, and she's been dead for nearly four years. I miss that nasty bitch.

Julie

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse. ~ Libby Llop