Re: [RC] Moose now elk - Elaine Delbeke

Up here in Alberta we have a problem with tourists in our National Parks
who think that Elk are "cute".  They mistake these wild animals for
domestic animals and they get very close to take pictures.  The results
have been pretty catastrophic at times.  There are now signs all over
the parks warning visitors to stay away from the animals as they can
gore or trample you to death, and to stay away from dark areas of the
town sites at night when they are apt to be grazing on the lawns and
park areas.  But every year there seems to be some people that don't pay
attention.  Same for moose, same for bears.

Around where we live, (Along the Rocky Mountains adajacent to Crown Land
in central Alberta, Canada) we cohabit with deer, moose, elk, cougars,
lynx, bobcat, wolves, wolverines, martin,mink,weasels[four and two
legged(;-0)],badgers,horses, cattle, eagles, fish ... you name it.
Someone or something will have been attacked by one of them. You can
choose to hate it or love it.  As Pogo said: I have seen the enemy ...
and it is us."

Life is a great experience.  Happy trails.

Wayne Delbeke

--
Lazy ED Bar Canabians (Canadien Arabian Crosses)
REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3