From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 3:02 PM
Subject: [RC] Purina's new feed

Please Reply to: Lisa Salas, the Odd faRM jsalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not work for Purina, nor does any of my family. However, that is all my
local feed store sells. Honestly, I have always like Purina products for all
of the Odd faRm.

Anyway, Purina has a new feed called Ultium. It is specifically for the
endurance horse. (I can't do a spell check as I am posting as a guest so
pardon any spelling errors.)I just looked at the CD-rom and read the
brochure. It has beetpulp, is high and fat (rice bran)and low and protein
and is in a pelleted form. Has anybody tried this yet or even heard of it?

I knew it was coming and now I would like to hear some feedback. I am
meeting with a Purina rep tomorrow to talk about this feed. I wonder who
they talked with in the endurance community when they came up with the
recipe for this feed. It does sound like a pretty good complete feed for
someone who doesn't like to make their own feed. Any questions I can ask for
you all?

e-mail me at jsalasattampabaydotrrdotcom

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius