[RC] Ready for a 100?? - Tracy Cann

Just wanted to get some opinions from all you guys and gals who've been there done that.  My horse did a year of LD with many multiday LDs thrown in, and a couple of 50s in 2003.  This year he has done 3 multiday Endurance rides so far.  He is 10 years old this spring (not sure exactly when cause he's an unregistered Arab).  Anyway, He always finishes a ride wanting more and wakes up the next morning (between 3 and 4 am, yikes) and starts running in his pen to let me know he's ready to go.  He even did this at a 3 day 55 (Renegade) in NM.  He was pretty ticked off when I just loaded him in the trailer to go home instead of going out again.  I am a middle of the pack rider and go at a moderate pace.  I've also gone back to the gym in an attempt to keep up with this guy.  Some people have asked, when is that crazy boy going to do a 100?  Soooo,  I have toyed with the idea of doing a 100 in the fall but think maybe it's too soon.  I have no experience with 100s but I suspect the horse will do better than me.  I'm thinking maybe another half to full season of 50's and multidays might be better.  I've always wanted to do a 100 though.  Of course all depending on the horse.  I'm not a very competitive rider.  I'm more like "this is a test of horsemanship" so my horse is always wanting to go faster than me.  So what do ya'll think??  I welcome all opinions and advice.  The horse's name is "Gryffindor" if you want to look him up.  He has one pull from when my daughter's horse went lame in the middle of the loop and we cut trail to get back to camp sooner.

Thanks,
Tracy