[RC] 50 and 25 milers at World Championship Ride & Tie - Lari Shea

For the past few years, it was necessary for 50 and 25 mile endurance riders to join the Ride and Tie Association for a day in order to participate in the endurance ride at the R&T Championships, for insurance reasons. But at this year's 50 and 25 mile endurance rides on June 26th in Fort Bragg, CA, that will NOT be necessary, saving the $15 fee.... so ignore it on the entry form. Also, folks who are not AERC members do NOT have to join the AERC ,as it says on the form. They just pay the $10 day fee. (Although we hope they join~~)

Some folks have emailed me to ask why the entry fees are so high... $200 for the Championship Ride and Tie, and $100 for the endurance race. All finishers of both the Championship Ride and Tie and the 50 Mile Endurance Race will receive custom award belt buckles, we have many, many other awards, and we're having a full tilt boogie dance with a live band under a big top tent after the awards ceremony. We also have an LD endurance and a short course fun Ride and Tie competition, as well as a 35 mile trail run. Plus free clinics and mentors for 1st timers. Y'all come!

On Thursday, the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper is featuring an article on their website, http://www.sfgate.com/ about the World Championship Ride and Tie. It will run on the website under the "Outdoors" department for a while, and possibly also be printed in the hard copy version of the paper. For more information, www.rideandtie.org, or www.horse-vacation.com

Lari Shea
AERC # 7048

Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins