Re: [RC] Hillwork - Chris Paus

You bet. I have a horse who looks like a completely
different animal since I started doing hillwork with
him.

Two years ago I bought a scrawny, pointy butt, no
muscle gray Arab gelding. When I posted his picture on
a couple of horse boards, I got laughed at for buying
this horse.

I started working him on the steep hills at our local
state park, (yes, there are hills in eastern Kansas).
A few months later, I posted more pictures of the same
horse...

One person's comment, "Wow, that horse has been to the
butt store and got himself a butt!"

Nobody's laughing at this horse now. People think he's
pretty cool and pretty darn sturdy! the hill work also
developed his scrawny chest.

It also helped his sense of balance and self
confidence. Now this horse is my "do everything"
horse.. he's a lesson horse, parade horse, show horse,
CTR and endurance horse and my grandson's best
buddy...

chris
--- Julie Fuller <natira121@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hills are an awesome way to condition with the added
benefit of
(usually) being a pretty place to ride.

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton