[RC] wolves - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: patti loucks pattiloucks755@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We do have wolves here in the great white north,but in the 20 years that i have
lived and ridden this area,i have only seen two of them.one on the side of a
logging road and the other out on the trail while conditioning.came around a
corner,doing a great long trot and there it was,horse stopped dead,we stared at
each other for about 3 second,then both turned and ran the other way! LOL!I
have had a lot of encounters with black bears,as they love to roam in the grain
fields.one little yearling was very curious about me and my horse and kept
running ahead and crossing in front of us.came apon a mother bear with two VERY
young cubs,she was sitting with them playing at her feet.i wanted to turn and
leave,but my husband wanted to stay and watch,which we did until she took her
cubs and left.none of my horses have ever shown fear of bears,wolves or even
moose,but cougars! look out.

joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle