Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 9:19 AM
Subject: [RC] pads

I've done 2 training rides so far with the equipedic and my SS. So far so good. It is thicker than the skito but I'm a HW so I should be using a thicker insert. I used the skito with the wither shims but my last horse needed it since his withers were more pronounced. My current arab is flatter, wider and pretty short-backed--so the wither shim was not working for him. He is quite a stocky arab so time will tell if this works for him.

Call equipedic and talk to them. The pad is nice but you have to use your own judgment when choicing. Kind of like riding your own ride....what works for one person, won't work for another.

If we all took the $$ we have all spent on saddle fit and gave it to the hungry, we would end world hunger!

Karla Watson