Re: [RC] posting and impulsion - heidi

I have a different reaction when I go to Arab shows....I admire all the
horses that I wish I could "steal" for endurance horses....

Alas, when I go to shows these days (unless they are dressage or SH
shows), I rarely find horses that I'd care to ride 50 miles...  The show
horses that I'd like to "steal" for endurance all tend to be in old film
footage from 40 years ago...  <sigh>  In fact, most times when I go to
shows and see the long cannons, weak loins, slab sides, shallow girths,
etc., I usually want to run screaming in the other direction as rapidly as
possible... <sigh>

Same goes for the stock breeds--can't imagine riding most of what I see
showing in the QH or APHA ring to do a hard day's ranch work...

Heidi

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius