Re: [RC] Snakes - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Until Bar H Boogie, I had never come across an angry rattler
before.  The normal rattler (or any other snake) behavior is to
get outta the way when a large animal comes at them.

Rather than "any other snake" that should have read "any other
snake I've come across."  I don't live in cottonmouth territory
and I don't want to. :)

BTW, one of the funniest snake encounters I've had was with a
baby gopher snake.  The little guy was actually pretending to
be a rattler -- I guess trying to act bigger than he was?  First
time I've seen an agressive gopher snake.  I just picked him up
with a stick and moved him since our little nephew was over and
was actually the one who found the snake.  I then heard from
someone else that they'd also seen that pretending-to-be-a-rattlesnake
behavior in a baby gopher snake.  I've never seen an adult gopher
snake act remotely like that.  And I almost stepped on one while
I was barefoot on our front lawn one day.  I screamed, jumped,
and then went and got a camera to take a photo of the snake in
the grass....

~Nicole

Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
~ Robert Morris