Re: [RC] Snakes - JUDYK89

Speaking of snakes....

I just had the ranch puppy taken in for his shots and have his leg cast removed (lost an argument with the tractor) and asked my small animal vet about rattle snake bites.  He ordered a new vaccine for dogs, supposed to be the same as having 4 or 5 doses of the anti-venom in case of a snake bite.  Of course I got the puppy his first shot, he'll need a booster in 30 days, and yearly in early spring after that.

Way worth it, we have snakes everywhere and the ranch manager won't kill them, just throws them up the hill (and of course they keep coming back down).  Also, we don't seem to have much problem with the adults, they pretty much want to stay away from you, although the red ones this year are not backing down, but give you time to move away from them.  The babies are the problem, will strike at anything that moves and don't have much control over venom use yet, so every bite is venomous.

Judy in San Diego