Re: [RC] getting dumped - DESERTRYDR1

One thing to consider is getting the bugs worked out in a safer place than on
the trail.  I hit the ground in feb. because of some barbed wire, and broke
my pelvis.  Five days in the hospital, pneumonia, LOTS of pain, missing work
(my boss ready to kill me if not fire me) Physical therapy, etc.  But
fortunately, my brains are still intact (well sort of, I still ride) because I
wear a
helmet EVERY ride.  I just got my mare back from the trainer for a refresher
course in what to do when something touches her legs (hint: NOT buck and run)
and
I will be riding her a lot in the arena and on a little track for a couple
months, because my butt won't handle being in the saddle for very long at a
time.  NO endurance rides this year.  So, PLEASE be very careful.

One thing that may help as far as staying connected during a spook is putting
a sheepskin seat saver on the saddle.  I demo'd an Ansur, and one of my
biggest complaints was that they are very slippery.  The seat saver will give a
little grip.  jeri
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius