[RC] Million Pines 50 and Next - Roger Rittenhouse

Not much was talked about  the MP rides LAST weekend.
What a great weekend for a ride.  High completion rate.

I won't go into all the 'techie' stuff from that ride, cause for me, it was
something else -- about one of the most perfect rides I have ever
done.
Omni and I did our first 50 miler since the major wreck of Jan 02..
Two years of getting fixed, doing LDs all last year to work up to the
50. He did all the 'right' stuff, ate and drank in camp and at all 3 VC and
drank
very well on trail. He looked great at the end  only lost 20 pnds

I rode with 2 very special ladies Irnia J and Susan R.
Susan was on her and her horse's first 50.

We had a plan, we rode together, waited in the VC until we all were
ready to go out. We took turns in the lead and drag. We tried to keep
the pace down to 8-9 MPH.
We rode as a team. Our three horses, all Bay, worked great together. It
was almost like we three were the only one's out their. Other horses came
and went but our  horses were happy just working off each other. We
all recovered at all three vet checks in about the same time, just
minutes after arrival. We vetted though with almost no issues, but a
few tense moments from a very critical vet..

We had ridden together at a few other rides so the horses knew each
other. Each of us knew how the other rider rode. We had the same
focus-- completion.

We rode a great ride.
Our time was just over 8 hr.

It was almost like a 'Fairy Tale' ride, but sure was not by Grimm.

Once upon a time there were 3 Endurance riders and 3 Endurance horses
who set off to ride a trail of 50 miles.
No evils beset them
No calamities came upon them
No dragons be there
They had the Prefect Ride
and all was well - as it should be..The End

( not a touchie feelie type of writer- rider here.. I don't have many
'spiritual rides' but this was one of them..)

Roger R / Omni

NEXT - 0ff to Chicken Chase, signed up for the LD/LD maybe 50 on day 2
if all is well. Then its off to LBL, going direct from BW's place
after a day.. after Bill tosses me out. If all goes well there both
LD's again or maybe the 50  on day 2.. Then, dare I say it?.. BILTMORE
50 - sent in the entry.  Now just to ride very smart..

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards