Re: [RC] [RC] snakes - Lynn Kinsky

Ok, wait a minute, here.  I understand people have their opinions, but this
is really hurtful.  I happen to have four pet snakes that I love dearly and
consider to be family members.  Please be careful what you say about other
people's "kids".  Besides that, there is no creature on earth that is
"better off dead".  We as people have no right to pass judgement on another
living thing that way, just because we don't consider tham cute and cuddly
or useful to *us*.

- Victoria

If anyone started offing rattlesnakes on the huge cattle ranch we use for our CTR and endurance rides it would cost us the use of the ranch! The ranch manager has made it quite clear that the snakes are welcome on the ranch -- to control rodents and especially to control ground squirrels (http://cecalaveras.ucdavis.edu/squirrel.htm) whose holes will swallow a hoof and trip up a horse or cow, and whose burrows destabilize slopes and undermine trees, and whose fleas carry plague in our area.
--

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/ ============================================================ REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags! ~ Heidi Sowards