From: "Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
To: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] snakes

I agree, I agree (I feel that I've entered "Bizarro-world," an alternate
universe from Superman Comics, anytime I agree with Heidi).  The only good
poisonous snake is a dead poisonous snake.  The one creature nastier than
the snake is the rat.  I'm glad that the snake kills the rat and then I
kill
the snake.  Sounds like the natural order of things to me.  Then, of
course,
the horse kills me, and nature remains in balance.

At the Big South Fork ride last September I remember this Ranger fellow
named Officer Justice (I'm not making that up) giving us all a talk on the
critters that live and breathe in that area.  He then went on discussing
the
snakes.  Told us it was against the law to kill them within the park
boundaries.  Not allowed to kill snakes, even poisonous ones, in that part
of Tennessee.  I'm sure Florida has some silly law like that also.

Might as well protect the rocks next.  Save a rock.  They're endangered.
Not too many active volcanoes any more making them, so, we gotta save as
many as we possibly can.  It's agains the law to break them, throw them or
to make walls out of them.

Some laws were made to be broken.  Killing poisonous snakes is one of
those
laws.