Re: [RC] Random thoughts on recent subject threads - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 4/9/2004 3:40:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Has anyone else noticed that one diagonal is infinitely
easier to post to than the other?  For me, when riding the Big Trot, the
left diagonal is much easier... I really have to work hard when he's on
the right diagonal, and I feel like a chicken with her
wings flapping in
the wind.

I can relate to this!  With my mare (who did 5 LDs before I finally got the
message that she hated the sport and bought another horse), I knew little, and
always posted on the right diagonal...till someone pointed out how uneven her
muscle development was.  From the front and also looking down on her, her
shoulders looked like halves of two different horses.  So, I started posting
more on the left diagonal...since she was muscled up to carry me on her right
diagonal, this was hard for her (and ME), so I kept sessions on the left short.
For weeks she'd take little "hop steps" to flip me back to her preferred
diagonal.  I'd switch right back.  As she grew stronger on that side, I
increased the amount of time spent on the left diagonal.  Within just a couple
of weeks I could see her left shoulder start developing more muscling.  It took
about 3-4 months, but she finally looked like a normal horse.  Since then, I've
been careful to divide the time I spend posting on each diagonal.  I know that
I "tend" to post more on the right diagonal, so I have to be sure to spend
equal time on the left.

Dawn in East Texas
:w¨~Ø^?·?¶:2²?Ûz)àj?&¦?¬?ب¶+-?«r¢ç?Ú?Ûa?y0?«^½êò¢ì?Ñè?êÒi÷Þ¯?~W«?×?jjgzا~?æjب?m§ÿðçvêÚ?ǧzßë?×?jj