[RC] Jolt from fence - Sisu West Ranch

Horses don't need extremely stout fencers, especially if the fence is hot
almost all the time.  Solar chargers are usually less than 120V.  4.1 joules
is a good jolt.

Before concluding that I needed a better charger, I would look into the
ground system.  and read the voltage developed.  If the voltage is much
lower when the fence is connected than it is when the fence is not connected
you have a partial short somewhere.

When the ground rod or rods are good and into wet earth, when the fencer
puts out almost as much with the fence connected, then shed the shoes and
touch the fence.  I'll bet you won't do that more than one time.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx

Far back, far back in our dark soul the horse prances... The horse, the
horse! The symbol of surging potency and power of movement, of action...
~  DH Lawrence