[RC] Girth Galls - Kristen A Fisher

Hi all -

I need some help with girth galls on the little mare I have been riding while my gelding is laid up. He has never had a problem with the girth, but she gets rubs behind her "elbow".

I use a Toklat woolback (fleece) western girth with an Abetta saddle. There is no rough part on the fleece, but it rubs her anyway. Is there another girth I can try that might prevent this? Someone mentioned it might be her hair there causing the rub - anyone had success with clipping to prevent girth galls? Maybe I should try a shorter girth that only has the wide part on the bottom of her belly and not up the sides? Or something that is tapered where it meets the saddle?

Input appreciated for little Rosie.
Kristen in TX