From: "Ed & Wendy Hauser" <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Keeping one's seat (posting height)

"...How can this possibly be advantageous?"

My relatively biased observations are that some English show
instructors/riders exaggerate the post, much as QH show people would
produce
peanut pushers when the standard said "low natural head carriage".  They
think that by posting higher, they or their students will place higher at
the show.  After awhile they all think that posting means to rise as high
as
possible.

Disclaimer: I do not ride in the English tradition, so I may be completely
wrong.  If I am, please correct me gently.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

When you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards