[RC] Racing - goearth

It seems this was a topic of conversation i had with John Thunder, the infamous JT, whose persona was hidden by someone else's ego back last fall about racing to the finish.  You can call it the AERC, but to some, AERC means American Endurance Race Conference, and some go to finish and smell scents of endless surreal delights while others want to be the best of the beasts and walk heads taller than mortals that day and both sides have valid viewpoints.  Human Nature it is, and we all exist somewhere in between sometimes.  Will RC change that viewpoint?  No.  Will discussion change those points of view?  Maybe, but i doubt it.  Plan for the worst and expect the best would be my advise to all Ride Managers as they plan their finish line as you will never know what AERC Member may show up there at the finish.  And we are all Members are we not?  and the rest...for your own safety, please stay out of the way at the finish.   tom sites