Re: [RC] Learning from riding accidents - Tracy Cann

By far the most accidents I've been witnessed to have been in LD, usually near the beginning of the ride.  I don't know exactly what it is except it seems like there are more inexperienced riders and/or inexperienced horses involved.  I LOVE LD.  Don't get me wrong, I've done allot of it, but there are some crazy people out there.  Just the start of an LD ride sometimes scares the crap out of me.  I've done much more LD than Endurance because of either an aging horse or starting one out and unless there are only 2 people in the LD, the starts get a little crazy.  It's one of the reasons I like 50's better.  More mellow.  "Easy boys, it's a long way to Damascus!" (Viggo Mortensen in Hidalgo) comes to mind.  I can't wait to do a 100.  I bet it's really "CHILLIN" at the start.  Maybe it's me but it seems like if you want a less crazy ride, go farther.

Tracy