Re: [RC] First 25 Miler (long) - Chris Paus

Hi Peter... congrats to you and your mare for a
successful first ride. I hope it's the first of many
miles for you.

As for   HR.. yes, it can bounce all over the map,
especially with a new horse who is excited and has
much to take in. It's kind of sensory overload for
them at the vet check, even if they are in great shape
physically. It likely will take a lot of rides before
she figures out what's expected of her and adapts her
excitement level.

Her heart rate may have spiked up for a number of
reasons.. being thirsty, seeing other horses walk by,
something caught her attention... etc... So when
someone else checked it, it may indeed have dropped
again...

Yes, pulse takers do occasionally get it wrong, but
that doesn't happen too often.

Anyway, hope you come back and keep riding!

chris
--- Peter Harper <peteharper1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

I posted a few weeks ago for advice on my first 25
miler and wanted thank everyone for their help and
encouragement and to let everyone know how it went.

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown