Re: [RC] re: the best method to reform a dedicated puller - Truman Prevatt

Most likely worried he couldn't find his way home, would get lost and be eatten by the coyotes. My walking horses would have knocked on the door and wanted to know what was for breakfast ;-).

Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
One time I was sitting in the resturant having breakfast with the Jbird
tied to the hitching rail outside. He must have rubbed his head on the
hitching rail and evidently undid the snap (the rope was still handing
there). Someone came in had said there was a horse heading down the
street. I run out (he was to only horse there) and I ran after him. He
was just walking along - sort of looking lost. I yell his name -
stopped, turned around, looked at me, called back and came walking back.
 I gave him a treat and big pat,  led him back, hooked him up and went
back in and finished breakfast.

The guy that saw him leave said he stood there for awhile looking around
 and then started down the street. He was headed back the way we came -
heading home I expect probably still trying to find me.

Huh.  And you thought Arabs were dumb...  ;-)

Heidi

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.