Re: [RC] DUMPED! - DESERTRYDR1

greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Forget the crap about 7 falls make a horseman......the more jolts your
body gets the more long-term damage you inflict.
One of those falls may REALLY hurt you.  It's bad advice; in my book, being
a good horseman means keeping the horse between you and the ground >>

Boy if that ain't the truth.  Sitting here healing up from a busted pelvis
(NOT due to a rotten horse, just one whose training I neglected in one aspect)
can say that it's a lot harder to heal up the older you get, and all those
previous falls come back to haunt you in the process.  I hurt my tailbone
sledding in January, and then the pelvis, I'm double sore, and longer healing
than
just the bone, everything's been knocked out of whack.

As far as the bucking  horse, I would also be inclined to look first for a
source of soreness, then go back to some basics on the ground and see that you
get obedience at every stage (starting with ground work) before moving on to
canter and trot under saddle.

It sounds as if something is making this guy unhappy--pain or not
understanding or something.  jeri
REAL endurance is dressing for 20 degrees in the AM and by noon its 85
degrees!
~ Heidi Sowards