From: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <mmieske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Spirittxarabians@xxxxxxx>; <latiolp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<howard9732@xxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [AERC-Members] New LD BC Rule

I have been giving a high vet score award on all LD and endurance at the
Wolverine.  Sometimes it's just been a nice framed certificate and
sometimes it's something embroidered or like last year, etched glass.
High vet score is just as important, if not more so, than BC.  I wish 50
and 100 mile endurance rides also offered that. Miles of smiles,

Many of our NW rides do, or used to.  I kind of fostered the idea, because
I would always announce ALL of the horses that judged for BC, along with
their scores, from the bottom up (kinda like Miss America <g>) so that
those folks who come close also got some recognition.  I always thought it
was important for folks to know if there were several horses who were in
such good shape that they almost got it--or not.  And I always mentioned
who had the highest vet score, even if they didn't end up being BC.
Several managers started offering an award for that since I was announcing
it anyway, and with a few rides, at least, the practice has stuck.

If you like the idea, mention it to your RMs while they are still in the
planning stages.  It sure isn't tough to do, and it doesn't have to cost
an arm and a leg--it is the recognition that counts.

Heidi

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown