RE: [RC] Easy boot experts- please help - Tracy Cann

Ok, not an expert here but I use easy boots on occasion.  However, in answer to your problem, I have one word.  Dermosedan!!  Wonderful sedation for a horse funny about it's back feet.  Usually a few times and a gradually decreasing dose solves the problem.  Put shoes on her back feet and tell her to get over it.  Dermosedan costs about $25 a cc around and you usually only need 1/2 a cc.  It's a intravenous type injection but you can put it in the muscle.  It just takes a little longer to work.  When I have a horse like this I give the injection and it starts working good after you get the front feet done.  Most horses only need a couple of times with this and they're over it.  She won't be knocked out, just mellowed out, and she'll learn that shoes on the back feet are no big deal.

Tracy