[RC] The Great Vitamin Debate--attn. Susan - Karla Watson

Ok, so Susan what is your stand on supplementing daily vitamins then? I got Heidi's answer (thank you Heidi) and now anxiously awaiting yours.....(my first post below)

"Having a debate with a friend of mine over supplementing with daily vitamins. I have been told that if you feed high quality hay (mine is: Eastern Oregon orchard grass) with beet pulp you should be fine. Mine are also on pasture in my backyard and get Sel supplement since I'm in the NW. Is it true you must add vitamins or just a waste of money?"

Karla Watson
Oregon

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM