Re: [RC] RE:electrolytes - heidi

Heidi, how did you  taste the sweat? Did you lick your horse? I can't
imagine licking my horse, for one thing I'd get a hairball for sure
because he is so hairy. Unless you licked where there is no hair...which
I can only think of a couple of places where there isn't any hair and I
certainly wouldn't want to lick those places either...: ) Just having
fun,

LOL!

Well, actually, it's more like the "white glove test" but without the
glove...  <g>  I just run a finger over the sweat and then taste the
finger...  :-)  If one pretty much does it under the same conditions all
the time (clean horse so there is no buildup, and early in the ride so
there is no buildup), one can compare from week to week, month to month.
Starting green horses it tastes salty as all get-out.  With my horses, at
least (admittedly ones that have not needed e-lytes, even in some pretty
good competition in hot weather), the sweat gets to where you just about
can't taste any salt in it at all.  (And no, I don't eat salty stuff
myself, so I don't think I have a salty sampling finger...  <G>)

Heidi

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle