[RC] E-lytes on Conditioning Rides - RDCARRIE

I live in East Texas, where the climate resembles a post-game locker room much
of the year.  :p  I generally don't e-lyte after conditioning rides, except
after really long rides during the hottest/most humid times, when I might give
a small dose, but even that is not common.  I recall reading that dosing the
horse with e-lytes after every workout doesn't let their body adapt to working
under slight deficiencies.  This makes sense to me physiologically, as a
biologist.  I do use e-lytes at rides, both LDs and 50s, and have figured out
the amounts my horse does best on.  Our horses do have access to free choice
salt at all times, which they make good use of, and free choice good quality
grass hay.

Any comments from others, esp. the vets, about this protocol?

Dawn in East Texas
Prudence and focus will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano