[RC] "winner" - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray o'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And, therefore you are a winner." Sarcasm? Well,it could be phrased another
way,as in "occasionally I must force him to  go where I need to go(leave the
group ,which is cantering away from us),for a few minutes,".And at those times
I either force him to do this(at some peril to health and safety) or I will not
do be able to it at all. Some perspective here:It is I after all,who spend a
huge percentage of my meager yearly income and about half of my time and energy
keeping him alive and happy.It is I who did not shoot him years ago,when he
damn near killed me,and when everybody else I ride with would have.There is now
no question about who works for who:I work for him.In return,it is not
unreasonable that I place the occasional DEMAND on him.In that situation,he
will interpret my usually soft aids as weakness.All horse are not the same,just
as all dogs and all people are individuals.I'd not hesitate to try sticking a
horseshoe nail into him -if he was only as athletic as most horses. Chico would
think Pat Parelli was a swell guy.He'd make a monkey out of him unless maybe
Pat retired and made Chico his full time job.

taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards