From: <GoTory@xxxxxx>
To: <bcbliss@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Windpuffs

Hi Beth-
    I have to agree with Kat here... my mare had an injury which caused
similar symptoms.  After a six weeks or more of conservative vet care and
no
riding, the "windpuffs" remained. No visible lameness, and all the
"experts" - vet,
farrier, etc, told me to just ride her, it's "just cosmetic"...

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith