[RC] Joe Endurance - WRSINOSKY

Sounds like your mare might have an allergic reaction to bug bites. We have those noseeums down here in AZ and some of the horses go bonkers from them. They will rub themselves raw...tails, manes, necks, bellies... everything. I had a mare that was fine one year and the next year started itching all over. I tried everything...salves, oitments, vitamins, herbal remedies, and the list goes on. I never really got it solved when a neighbor bought her. Several vets in my area advise cortisone shots and it seems to work. I guess the best thing you could do is take her to the vet and find out what's causing her problem.
Cindy Edwards in Buckeye Az