[RC] Possible skin problem - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Joe MichiganEndurance@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I got my first black horse last year.  She is a great horse and a real
competitor.      Problem is she rubs on everything.  Last summer she rubbed off
most of her mane, tail, belly and shoulder hair leaving big sores.  We worked
constantly putting swat on her trying to keep the bugs off so she could heal
up.  It was a huge battle that we didn?t win or lose, just held our own until
winter came in.  Everyone seemed split: Some thought she would rub till she got
blood and the blood brought in the bugs, which made it worst.  Others thought
she would get bug bites that would drive her nuts and she would keep rubbing
the bites and still others thought she had dry skin that itch made her start
rubbing and go crazy from there.   Myself, all I know is over the winter she
never rubbed on anything and her coat looks great now.  I do have a huge fan
and stall set up for her if need be this summer but feel this is a band-aid and
not a cure.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to over come this???????????
Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated, Joe

may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius