[RC] Hi Tie - Carol

I prefer the portable corral panels made by Gordon Palmer in Meadowvista (he doesn't make them anymore, but sold the business to a friend). They are metal, but so light I can carry 3 at a time in one hand if necessary. The corners are rounded so there aren't any sharp edges. My horse would go right through plastic, or electric tape, but these are strong enough to hold him. As far as Hi Ties are concerned, I saw a horse at night trying to sleep tied to one. He was laying down but his head was hanging up in the air about a foot above the ground because he was tied. I understand the need to tie short so they don't get their foot over the rope, but the sight of that just made me sick to my stomach. I want my horse to be comfortable and I don't care if it takes me a little longer to set up or take down the panels, he's worth it.