[RC] Tent burning, etc... - WRSINOSKY

Yeah, I said I'd be quiet, but I can't help it.  Being a newbie with only two rides to my name, I have to say a few things.  I don't care where you are or what you're doing (be it hanging in a bar, going to an ice cream festival or cooling out in church) you will always find some boneheads.  There will always be the experts who criticize everyone else. Personally, at both rides I didn't have time to notice if anybody was looking down their nose at me. Everyone I've met was friendly and helpful. When Doimas the Beast decided to kick up his heels as we were getting ready to leave Base Camp of the second ride, people laughed and said "Oh Boy! You're in for a ride!" Nobody got mad at me that I know of. Heck! When you're on a horse who feels like his hair is going to explode out of his body...who has time to look around and see if they are being examined.  As for the drinking (and drugs), I didn't notice any pot smoking. The drinking is anybody's choice. Nobody fell in a fire or got into a fight that I know of, but then, I was stuffed way down in my sleeping bag by 9pm.  It was cold!  Yes, there was one guy who deliberately sent people off in the wrong direction so he could get ahead of them, but like I said, You'll always find a few jerks anywhere you go.  I'm loving this endurance thing and can hardly wait for this weekend when I go to the Arivaca ride.  It's me and my horse and I don't really care what anybody else does.

Cindy in Buckeye, AZ