<<Solicitations on Ridecamp>> Re: [RC] EBAY - John Teeter

well, I'm not going to give up.

Today Barbara (I'm moving product through ebay), Joni (I want a new
saddle), and Kathie (I'm selling my friends trailer) have abused
ridecamp by putting solicitations through the main list (not counting
the "donate to our 4H club..".

Please, even if you've got an EBAY thing, put it through the
classifieds list (the SAME message that barbara just put through
ridecamp would have been MUCH more appreciated through the classifieds
- it would have reached those that WANT to see what you are selling
(or wanting) rather than those find it a distraction.

Now ridecamp gets abused all the time. (yet again with the oil changes
and the natural trainers and ...) but mostly, it's all generally
endurance related. Please keep the abuse focused on endurance!!. and
believe it or not, this is NOT about the $5!!

Once you let that little capitalistic foot in the inBox it will lead
to SPAM - SPAM - and MORE SPAM until we won't be able to tell a post
about posting from a posting about post!! who knows where it will
lead?

It's 8pm on friday night 90% of the distance riders in the world are
likely at a ride - have been to the ride meeting, done the last of the
stuff for tonight and are getting ready to sack out till 4-5am when
they get ready to ride:

Cherokee Challenge
Grand Staircase
Home On The Range
Cuyama Oaks XP Pioneer I,II,III
Leatherwood Mountain Extreme Challenge
MARCH HARE MADNESS CLINIC
SAWDUST RANCH RIDE
UWHARRIE FOREST

there are LOTS of rides out there this weekend!!
The rest of us (the 10% + those that want to sell stuff???) are stuck
at home.....

....So, I'll keep chastising those that can't resist. I'd encourage
others to do the same....

As to Barbara, Joni, and Kathie (+ the 4H lady) -- your bad luck to have
done this on a Friday night when I wish I was sleeping in the trailer and
wondering if there's  anything I've forgotten...

johnt

(p.s. since when are Fishing lures that endurance related??

Endurance is moderating ridecamp on a friday night!!)