Re: [RC] ultra sound - Chris Paus

Hope, in my experience with broodmares, vets and
ultrasounds, the test is pretty darned accurate, BUT
is only as good as the operator!

A vet once told me that my mare was not in foal when
she should have been 30 days along. We took her back
and bred her again. The mare had a foal EXACTLY 11
months from her FIRST due date. If she had not been in
foal the first time we checked, that baby would have
been a full month premature, and he was way too
developed for that...

The vet still insists that she was right and the mare
was open when we checked the first time and that the
baby just came early and was big....

I'm not so sure, but oh well!

chris
--- hope lundquist <wwho20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Heidi & RCampers: Would you say ultrasound as a
preg test is unfailing? A
Mare of course.
Hope Lundquist

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure
your PC is protected and

They're athletes! This is a partnership between
horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners.
We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to
compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris